Follow these easy care tips to keep your lenses in top condition for a longer period of time.
Looking after your lenses
Lens care DO’s
- Clean your lenses and frame regularly with lukewarm water and a drop of mild liquid soap
- Dry your lenses with a soft, clean microfiber lens cloth, often provided by your optician
- Keep your glasses away from household detergent and beauty products such as hairspray and perfume which can damage lenses and coatings
- Use both hands when you put on and take off your glasses
- Keep your glasses in a hard case, often provided by your optician
- Ask your Eye Care Professional about Pentax’s anti-reflective and scratch-resistant coatings, which guarantee comfort, performance and durability
Lens care DON’Ts
- Don’t wipe your lenses with tissues, paper towels or paper napkins. These often contain wood fibres that can permanently damage the lens surface
- Don’t wipe your lenses with a towel that has been washed with fabric softener, as this can leave a misty film on your lenses
- Don’t put your glasses on heat sources or hot surfaces, such as ovens or in a hot car
- Don’t put your glasses down on the curved side of the lenses. This can damage the coating and cause scratches
- Don’t keep your glasses on your head. This can misalign the frame, affecting the position of the lenses in front of your eyes
If you would like additional care tips for your lenses, contact your nearest Pentax eyecare professional.